Blek le Rat, “Blek le Rat” the 30 Year Anniversary Retrospective, 2011
Original artwork, Spraypaint on wood,
Numbered and signed by Blek le Rat.
Limited edition of 100
Hardcover, 13 x 10 (31.1 x 24.13 cm) 156 pages.
Art Publishing, Ltd. released “Blek le Rat,” the 30-year anniversary edition featuring the work of prolific stencil graffiti artist, Xavier Prou.
This must have Deluxe Edition can be ordered at Art Publishing Ltd here
This retrospective features the artist’s private family photos, point and shoot images of his graffiti artwork from around the world, and full-color reproductions of his gallery pieces. The book is separated into two distinct sections: “Street Art” and “Fine Art,” both of which are augmented by the writing of celebrated scholars, critics, experts in relevant fields, fellow artists, journalists, collectors and gallerists. Lavishly illustrated with more than 200 images, “Blek le Rat,” the 30 year anniversary retrospective offers the first full history of this seminal artist’s tradition and legacy, featuring:
- Street art images from around the world
- Full-color reproductions of Blek le Rat’s fine art
- Never before seen images from the Prou family’s private archives
- 30+ essays from celebrated artists, scholars, critics and gallerists
from around the world.
- Jonathan LeVine, Jonathan LeVine Gallery
- Jeffrey T. Iverson, Time Magazine
- Carol Kino, culture critic, journalist, and regular contributer to the New York Times
- Russell Howze, author of “Stencil Nation: Graffiti, Community, and Art”
- Carlo McCormick, culture critic, curator and senior editor of Paper Magazine
- Waldemar Januszczak, Britain’s most distinguished art critic, writer for Sunday Times
- Jean-David Malat, Opera Gallery
- Justin Giarla, White Walls Gallery
- Anthony Lister, painter and installation artist
- Shepard Fairey, street artist
. . .and many many more!